- The Bill to cut class sizes for all 5,6 and 7 year-olds is law: the first £22 million is going into cutting class sizes for 100,000 children.
- An extra £1.3 billion has gone to improving school buildings and equipment, plus an extra £1.25 billion to raise standards in schools.
- The NHS is getting £2 billion more than under the last government's plans.
- The windfall tax is already going into the biggest ever programme to get the young and long-term unemployed back to work.
- Corporation tax has been cut to the lowest level in Europe.
- Childcare has been put within reach of all families, with £300 million over five years going to providing after-school places for nearly a million children.
- All handguns have been banned.
- The poorest 20 per cent of families will gain four times as much as the wealthiest 20 per cent from the announcements made in the Budget.
- We have won referendums for the Scottish Parliament and the Welsh Assembly.
- All pensioners are getting generous cash payments to cope with winter fuel bills on top of the cut on VAT.
- VAT on heating has been cut to its lowest level to help pensioners.
- The Crime & Disorder Bill is before the House to deliver 12 manifesto commitments, including our pledge to ensure swift justice for persistent offenders.